- To gain a basic understanding about the Realism Art Movement and to identify Artist who work(ed)in this style:
- To practice drawing in the realist style by "imitating" a professional, realistic work of art.
2. Still life Drawing
- To create a still-life drawing that demonstrates understanding of drawing in perspective, along with using a variety of mark-making techniques to describe form;
- To understand value by creating a good range of values to help make the objects appear 3D;
- To demonstrate quality craftsmanship and good composition skills in a drawing.
3. Imitation Drawing: Portrait
- To become familiar with past and contemporary portrait artists;
- To use critical thinking skills to analyze artwork;
- To understand how and why artists create portraits.
- To practice drawing in a portrait by "imitating" a professional work of art.
4. Half Portrait Drawing
To look closely at half of a portrait and complete the portrait by drawing similar features;
To practice drawing facial features: eyes, nose, and mouth.
5. Autobiographical Collage
- To create an autobiographical collage that tells the story of an experience(s) that took place in the artist's life. It lets the artist express his or her thoughts and feelings about any aspect of his/her life.
6. Mandala Design